Growing Underground is growing literally! And so we have new job openings! We are seeking an enthusiastic Operations Coordinator who is passionate about sustainability and the food industry. The role will suit a candidate who is flexible, has a desire to work in a high-pressured start-up environment and can grow with the business as it moves into scaling and growth.
The candidate will be an integral part of a small team ensuring the daily operations of a growing fresh produce business are delivered to a high standard. The role will support the operational, technical, and sales teams, and as such strong multi-tasking skills are required.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support Operations Manager in production and operations tasks as and when needed
- First point of contact at the office – answering phone, answering the door, taking messages.
- Use a range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases
- Coordinate site service visits
- Manage Goods in Process (Stock control and goods receipt)
- Organize, chase and maintain growing and production records
- Liaise with delivery drivers
- Manage office supply stock and place orders
- Manage filing systems
- Input production data
- Manage laundry procedure
Business and Sales Support
- Keep sales records and databases up to date
- Make calls to customers / tracking customer contact
- Track customer order history
- Manage Info mailbox
- Manage Tour mailbox
- Write monthly newsletter
- Research items as requested (industry, health and safety regulations, and grant opportunities)
- Collate list of target grant and funding opportunities
Responsibilities are not limited to the above and can include additional duties as the business requires.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, reliable and persistent, with an interest in sustainability and food. The candidate will be a natural team player who is also comfortable taking initiative.
Other desirable qualities include:
- Ability to prioritise and multitask a must
- Organized with great attention to detail
- Great communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Google docs.
- GCSE/equivalent or higher
- Experience working in the food industry a plus
Previous administration and / or operations support desired but not essential
Please apply with a cover letter and c.v.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered
High degree of initiative