New Driver position
Growing Underground is growing – literally! So we need a driver to help us get the freshest micro herb salads in town to your bellies! GU is seeking a reliable and consistent driver who is interested in sustainability and the food industry. The role will suit a candidate who is looking to join a dynamic team and who is interested in being a part of a rapidly growing company. The driver will primarily do deliveries, however depending on workload will also provide support on the farm should the need arise.
The candidate will be an integral part of a small operations team, and will report directly to the head of operations. The role will consist of collecting and delivering fresh produce approximately 5 days / week both within and outside of London. Hours will be permanent but flexible and will depend on the week’s delivery routes.
The ideal candidate will be reliable and communicative, comfortable driving a van and loading and unloading fresh produce. They will be excited to be part of a growing business with an interest sustainability and food.
Other desirable qualities include:
● English speaking
● Clean UK or EU driver’s licence
● Comfortable driving a van within London
● Communicative (if there is an issue with delivery, taking initiative with those on site and back at the farm)
● Flexible in regard to duties
● Interested in occasionally splitting time between deliveries and helping in production (packing product, sowing seed, helping load and unload the van)
If this sounds like you then contact Olivia O’Brien
T: 0207 627 1027
We we look forward to meeting you! 🙂